Posts tagged ‘Starbucks Fridays’
Its been awhile since I’ve celebrated “Starbucks Friday,” so today I picked up a tall Awake Tea Latte with soy milk and 1 pump of pumpkin spice syrup:
Breakfast was pumpkin oats with apple crisp:
Check it Out!
- My new Wedding page.
- Recipe for Dessert Lasagna!
- Recipe for Spicy Corn Chowder
- The blog makeover giveaway I’m hoping to win 😉
- I’m getting married 7 months from today!
Good morning everyone! Since I have TONS of studying to do, and get more done at Starbucks than at home, I have deemed today “Starbucks Friday Wednesday.” I have a feeling that by Friday I’m going to be sick of Starbucks after spending so much time studying here this week!
I started this morning off with a Green Monster. This one was so much better than yesterday’s. I actually enjoyed this one, rather than forcing myself to drink it! I think the banana was key…
My green monster contained
- 3/4 banana
- Frozen mixed fruit
- Skim milk
- Apple cider
- 1/2 packet of Amazing Grass-Berry flavored.
It was delicious, and I’m excited to have the other serving tomorrow morning!
And yes, that is Leslie’s blog in the background. I read her “Engagement Story” recap post while I sipped my breakfast!
Today I’m having the same Starbucks drink as yesterday… yum. I like to enjoy my drinks slowly, so this one should last until my next class in 5 hours!
And I could resist this Maple Scone. It is by no means healthy. But it was worth Every.Single.Bite! No worries, I have some nutritious meals and snacks packed for the rest of the day! 🙂
Acorn Squash Stew
I threw together this stew last night on a whim. It was delicious, and a lot better than the pumpkin curry soup I tried to make a few weeks ago!
And, it was super easy!
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 3 Cups Vegetable Stock
- Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, salt, pepper to taste (I used a lot!)
- 1 T. Olive Oil
- Toasted pumpkin or squash seeds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Slice the acorn squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and stringy insides. If you want to roast them later, set the seeds aside in a separate bowl!
- Place the squash halves face-down in a baking pan with about a 1/2-inch water. Roast in oven until the flesh of the squash is soft and easy to scoop out. It took about 45 minutes for me.
- Scoop out the flesh and set it aside.
- In a large stockpot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add the squash, stock, and seasonings.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer approximately 20-30 minutes. Add more seasoning if desired.
Serve and enjoy! I topped mine with some pumpkin seeds.Next time, I want to try adding some apple chunks at the end, because I like soups with more texture. This was delicious though, and would be perfect with cheddar-apple quesadilla or sandwich!
Okay, study time. I’ll be back with another recipe the next time I need a break!
Sorry for my lack of posts this morning, everyone. I was crossing lots of items off my major to-do lists!
Yes, that is part of my to-do list for the next week. Crazy! Although all those “early” items you see are things I want to try to get done before I go to LA, so it will be worth it. 🙂 This is my master to-do list. I also have a to-do list just for today, though I just realized it may have been a bit too ambitious… oops!
This to-do list calls for a “Little Things” post, so here we go!
The Little Things That Are Making Me Happy Today.
- Getting some much-needed “best friend time” by having a delicious breakfast with Kelley this morning!
- Celebrating “Starbucks Friday” a day early. I needed a change of scenery for my studying!
- Awake Tea Lattes with Pumpkin Syrup.
- Not having to cancel a huge food order for SWE and thereby give myself way more work to do than I have time for.
- Getting to cross things off my massive to-do list.
- The fact that I am inside and warm, instead of outside in cold rain.
- The fact that plane tickets from Milwaukee (where Kelley will likely live) to where I will likely live are only $200.
- Dinner with friends tonight.
- Getting a pair of tights so I don’t freeze on Saturday’s bike ride.
- The fact that I’m going to L.A. one week from tomorrow!
- Being done with logistics issues for SWE for the day.
- Finding a potential job lead in the same city that Dan & I are likely moving to.
- Eat.Sweat.Blog. starts today!
What little things are making YOU happy today?
The little things that are making me happy today:
1. Actually remembering to take a picture of my breakfast today:
Quinoa, leftover applesauce, almond butter. Delicious, if not very photogenic…
A tall pumpkin spice latte with soy and whip + pumpkin scone. This scone will last me a few days, I think! Spreading the Starbucks Friday love!
3. Being able to wear clothes that I didn’t fit into last year:
(Nope, not a huge crowd behind me, just the picture on the Starbucks wall!)
4. Getting a full 8 hours of sleep two nights in a row.
5. Falling asleep cuddling with Dan last night.
(Can you tell I love our engagement pictures? 😉 )
6. Getting the new Dan Brown book from the library!
7. Thursday “date nights” with Kelley–love having time set aside to chill with my best friend and watch some of our favorite shows!
8. The fact that Starbucks is playing the Beatles this morning.
What little things are making you happy today?