Posts tagged ‘Soup’
Today was rainy. And cold. And gross.
You know what that means! It was also a day for soup!
I’ve only recently discovered a love of soup. It coincided with my discovery of how easy it is to make soup. Soup from a can just cannot measure up!
If you’ve looked at my “Recipes” page, you can tell I’ve been experimenting with soup recipes.
Tonight, I made another winner.
And ate it in a Panera bread bowl. Mmm…
Loosely based off of this recipe from Cooking Light, I present to you:
Spicy Corn Chowder
- 1 T. butter
- 16 oz. frozen corn kernels
- 32 oz. vegetable broth
- 1 c. buttermilk
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 4 oz. neufchatel cheese (cream cheese works, too)
- 5 Hungarian wax peppers, or other hot peppers of your choosing
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Roast whole peppers in oven at 425 degrees for 12 minutes, turning halfway through. Set aside.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle, cut off the tops and remove the seeds. Chop peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the corn, stock, buttermilk, and cornstarch.
- Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the neufchatel cheese, peppers, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir until the neufchatel has completely melted.