Jazzed-Up Mac & Cheese and Apple Crisp
I had so many ideas for dinner swirling around in my head last night. In the end, I decided to use up some leftovers before I cooked any new dishes. With Dan out of town the past few days, our fridge was full of leftovers. He’s back now, so I’m guessing those will disappear soon. 😉
I’m definitely picking up more brussels sprouts at the Farmer’s Market this weekend!
There was 2/3 of mac ‘n’ cheese from the other night in the fridge, but eating it plain didn’t sound appealing. So I jazzed it up!
Jazzed-Up Mac ‘n’ Cheese
- 1/3 box of mac ‘n’ cheese
- 1/2 oz. goat cheese
- 1 T. asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 T. white wine (I used a Pinot Grigio)
- Lots and lots of oregano
Instructions: Mix and microwave. It is that simple. And it tastes pretty gourmet for a dish with a boxed mix as its base!
I have been meaning to clean the apartment for ages, but keep putting it off. I’ve been so busy that when I finally have some free time, I’d rather spend it relaxing than cleaning. Last night was finally the night to catch up. And catch up I did!
Check it out:
- Took all the burners off the stove and clean them.
- Clean the rest of the stove.
- Do the dishes.
- Run the dishwasher.
- Clean the kitchen counter.
- Clean the bathroom.
- Organize my desk.
- Re-organize the kitchen.
- Clean the kitchen table.
- Put away all laundry.
Tonight, I’m cleaning the rest of the living room & vacuuming, and I will have cleaned the entire apartment! Between Dan and I, he is definitely the cleaner one. He’s quite proud of my cleaning job this week. 🙂
You may recall that a few weeks ago, I bought almost 20 pounds of apples. About 10 apples were left, and they were at that point where they were too soft to eat plain, but not mealy. Naturally, I didn’t want to throw them away, so I made an apple crisp!
- About 4 cups of apples, sliced thinly
- 2 T. maple syrup
- 1 T. cinnamon
- 1/3 c. butter
- 1 c. oats
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spread apple slices in a greased 9″x13″ baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and raw sugar.
- Mix the butter into the bowl until coarse crumbs form.
- Pour the oats mixture over the apples.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes.
This apple crisp is Amazing! Using the graham crackers in addition to the oats made such a difference.
I had mine a la mode with a little chocolate frozen yogurt. I may or may not have gone back for seconds… 😉
Oh, and as far as workouts go, I did 10 pushups last night.
I’ll make this quick, since this post is getting lengthy!
Same green monster as yesterday.
1/2 c. Kashi Go Lean Crunch with skim milk.
How do YOU “jazz up” your leftovers?